Dear friends:

   As you may know, the Instituto Laboral de Educacion Sindical
(Labor Studies Institute) of Puerto Rico has been editing and
publishing an E-MAIL DIRECTORY OF LABOR ORGANIZATIONS IN LATIN
AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN. The first edition was published in
april 1996 and the second one in october 1996.

   We are now in the process of updating the DIRECTORY for its
third edition, which is due for publication in april. For this
reason, we are calling upon all labor organizations in Latin
America and the Caribbean, as well as solidarity organizations in
the United States, Canada and Europe to send the names and e-mail
addresses of labor organizations you may have contact with to any
one of the following addresses:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

   Besides the name and address of the organization, you can
include a brief description of its work, its priorities, etc. It
must be remembered that the DIRECTORY is not limitted to unions
and federations, we also include labor institutes, political
organizations, environmental groups, women's groups and other
organizations that serve the interests of the working class. We
also include some organizations in Canada, the United States and
Europe we believe may be important for our work.

If you did not receive the second edition, you can get a fully
hyperlinked english version of the directory at:
http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/lib/bookshelf/dirs/LAmerican_Unions/

If you want a fully hyperlinked version in spanish, you can get
one at:
http://www.caribe.net/br/dirlab.htm

If you do not have web access, please e-mail us and we will gladly
send you a copy.

In solidarity,

Carlos Quiros-Mendez
Instituto Laboral de Educacion Sindical