Heck, I'll butt in here.  Louis P. asked me off list
to use my near minimal influence with Jerry to get him to
calm down.  Since Louis P. has been cooperating with
everybody on pen-l here lately, I'll cooperate back.  So,
here goes.
     Please calm down, Jerry.
     More generally I would urge you to think about my
forthcoming post on M-I about the social virtue of
tit-for-tat strategies in repeated prisoner's dilemma
games.  By all means, if somebody jerks you around, jerk
back.  But, if they indicate a willingness to cooperate, by
all means, please, make an effort to cooperate back and not
generate all the negative externalities of an endless flame
war.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley