G'day Charles,

You say "Materialist dialectics was Engels' , and not Marx's."

I rteckon we have to be very explicit and specific here.

I thought, for instance, that you and I had come to agree that materialism
is not the same as physicalism?  Social
*relations* are material for Marx, and, indeed, the basis of what he called
his materialist conception of history.  Freddy's *Anti-Duhring* has some
beaut bits in it, but, as I've tried to show you elsewhere, is difficult to
nail on exactly what is meant by 'dialectic'.  Stalin ended up with a view
that finds support in Anti-Duhring, but so does, say, Fromm - and those two
chaps would've agreed on bugger-all.

Cheers,
Rob.