> From:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:       [PEN-L:10465] Labor films

> I am teaching a course this summer based on movies.  I am
> curious if anyone has any suggestions for movies with a strong
> message concerning labor issues or unions.

Suggest you hunt down Paul Buhle at Brown Univ.

My favorite is "Matewan."  "Germinal" (French) is
pretty good too.

I won't mention the three or four sappy ones I
can remember off the top of my head.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky           Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Suite 1200
202-775-8810 (voice)     1660 L Street, NW
202-775-0819 (fax)       Washington, DC  20036

Opinions here do not necessarily represent the
views of anyone associated with the Economic
Policy Institute.