Friends,

I want to second Tom's remarks on this entire globalization debate.  We live in
specific countries and we have little choice to to act within them.  Millions of
workers are unorganized and need to be organized.  Should we not even try to
organize them because capital is now global and will inevitably defeat them by
moving, etc.?  This seems a recipe for further disaster.  Naturally we shuld do
whatever we can to attack capital globally, but the argument that acting
nationally is somehow bad politics is not tenable in my view.

Michael Yates