elaine Bernard wrote:

> I fear in these discussion on globalization or on
> the EU, we tend to construct straw arguments and
> then put them to the torch with much fast heat
> and little light, and nothing enduring.  But hey,
> that's politics.

Whose politics?  It is not in the interests of workers or progressive
politics to "construct straw arguments and then put them to the torch."
One might think, rather, that with all that has happened in recent years
we might have the courage to confront the real issues and engage in
honest dialogue rather than mimicking the style of bourgeois politicians
and talk show hosts. Or, is that asking too much?

Jerry