Well, I can't say I don't understand Terry's comments, but, another outcome
of chaos in the former ussr is the complete availability of nuclear weapons
to anyone with cash and the decline in caring for existing nuclear power,
making future chernobyls a probable threat.  For instance, last winter the
russian utility companies cut off electricity to the russian navy for
nonpayment of bills.  So?  Russian nuclear submarines in the water were
unable to maintain constant temperature to their reactors--and it was just
luck the hulls didn't crack and send radioactive materials into the oceans.
 My feelings of self-righteous justification would disappear damn quickly if
the oceans of the world die in the name of free market enterprise.
maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]