On Tue, September 9, 1997 at 11:10:59 (-0700) Sid Shniad writes:
>As a refugee from my native Los Angeles, I strongly recommend City of
>Quartz to any Penners who want a very insightful analysis of the history
>and politics of L.A.  I learned more from reading the book than I knew
>from having been raised there.

In my haste last night to prepare my wife's dinner (she's been working
late on a suit for the city of Austin against Shell and Mobil) I
forgot to mention that Davis is a contributor to the Radical Urban
Theory site, at http://www.exuberance.com/rut/.

I too, am a native of the LA area and learned a great deal just
leafing through Davis's book.

Bill