For those groups which have been or are interested
in working on workfare/welfare reform issues, you may want
to know that --

Jobs With Justice is discussing a national day of action
on workfare/welfare reform in December (date not finalized).

The three themes of the proposed day of action are:

1. Jobs: the real issue is the need to create good jobs
2. Workers rights: destroying public sector jobs or creating
exploitative workfare jobs is not reform
3. Justice: we cannot allow greedy corporations to profit
from the dismantling of the safety net (privatization of
welfare services).

Jobs With Justice will be holding its annual conference in
Chicago, October 24-26.

For more info about JWJ check the web page:
www.igc.apc.org/jwj

For more info on Phoenix JWJ check our web page:
amug.org/~aenglish/cazjwj.html

-Andy English
Phoenix AZ