>I'd like to suggest again that you not ignore the law and its impact
>here. David Montgomery's book, Citizen Worker, reviews how the law was
>enforced by the courts to weaken any rights workers had to act
>collectively. At the same time the corporate form was being given the
>rights of persons under the constitution and thus strengthened.
>
>ellen

I'd like to agree with Ellen's comments and just add that during the Reagan
years much of the heart of protective legislation for labor was decimated.
 For instance, many OSHA regulations were quietly taken off the books.
 Example: businesses are still required to have sprinklers in case of fire,
but there are no codes for the sprinkler systems, so if the systems don't
work, there are no fines or punishments.  The wait time for NLRB cases
extended tremendously because of severe cuts in funding.
maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]