> From:          Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:       [PEN-L:11284] Re: China's Overcapacity

> This is one of the main thesis of Greider, William. 1997. One World,
> Ready or Not: The Manic Logic of Global Capitalism (NY: Simon &
> Schuster).
>
> By the way, I find some good stuff in Greider's book, but he seems to be
> so long winded and disorganized [this book to a lesser extent] that I
> find it hard to maintain my attention.  Do others have a similar opinion
> of his work?

Among the non-academic intelligentsia my perception is that he is
quite well-regarded, but he may be more liked than actually read.

He did a talk at EPI and basically espoused an over-production
or over-capacity theory (e.g., the 'buy-back problem') which had
the virtue of being simple but I fear not very sophisticated for
contemporary political economists, which may be good or bad.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky            Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          1660 L Street, NW
202-775-8810 (voice)      Ste. 1200
202-775-0819 (fax)        Washington, DC  20036
http://epn.org/sawicky

Opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views
of anyone associated with the Economic Policy
Institute other than this writer.