> Question: Who was the first Jew to receive the Heisman? Answer: Fred
> Goldman.

I'm afraid this would offend some Jews who don't share
my black sense of humor.  It doesn't bother me, though
I will be careful about to whom I repeat it.

> It seems that Fred Goldman has received a bona fide offer to torch
> Simpson's Heisman on Pay-per-view for $1,000,000 guaranteed. I love
> it! It seems that there is absolutely nothing that can't be
> commodified under capitalism  .  .  .

You will be right if Fred keeps the money, but I would argue
that if he gives it all away (net of welding expenses, natch)
the 'commodification' is really inflicted on O.J. by Fred.

If I was Fred I would be thinking of ways to hurt OJ every day,
in every possible way.  They say the Jewish Old Testament is
unforgiving.  I wouldn't know, but I know the feeling.

Cheers,

MBS

"People say I'm arrogant, but I know better."

                              -- John Sununu

Max B. Sawicky            Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          1660 L Street, NW
202-775-8810 (voice)      Ste. 1200
202-775-0819 (fax)        Washington, DC  20036
http://epn.org/sawicky

Opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views
of anyone associated with the Economic Policy
Institute other than this writer.