> Dear Pen-L'rs, >
> Karl Carlisle, with whom I've had absolutely no previous email contact,
> wrote me today and ask that the list be informed that he has been removed
> again for sending a long post on the prostitution thread. He asked me to
> post the whole thing to the list, but instead I will simply quote one
> sentence from the conclusion that indicates the basic argument:
>
> "Why should selling one's body be qualitatively any worse than selling one's
> labour power to an industrial capitalist?"
>
> Interested parties could write him to get the whole post, I guess.
>
> I am not at all an interested party, just passing this on.
>
> cheers,
> Thad
> Thad Williamson
> National Center for Economic and Security Alternatives
> 2000 P St. #330
> Washington, DC 20036
> 202-835-1150
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On one abstract or theoretical level perhaps there is no real
difference. On the other hand, a la linking theory and practice, I
suggest that all the academics who see no real differences try
selling their bodies to a stranger just to "empirically verify" their
ivory tower theories.

                             Jim Craven

*                           "Those who take the most from the table,*
*  James Craven                teach contentment.                   *
*  Dept of Economics         Those for whom the taxes are destined, *
*  Clark College               demand sacrifice.                    *
*  1800 E. Mc Loughlin Blvd. Those who eat their fill,              *
*  Vancouver, Wa. 98663        speak to the hungry,                 *
*  (360) 992-2283              of wonderful times to come.          *
*  Fax: (360) 992-2863    Those who lead the country into the abyss,*
*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]           call ruling difficult,               *
*                              for ordinary folk." (Bertolt Brecht) *
* MY EMPLOYER HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH MY PRIVATE/PROTECTED OPINION  *