> Date:          Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:       [PEN-L:11366] Re: National Public Radio funding (endorsement letter)

> I think that NPR is terrible now.  I wish we could threaten them.  The
> people at FAIR have been documenting how public radio and tv stations,
> seeing inadquate funding are selling off their stations to commercial or
> religious broadcasters.  I hate to see any public assets slip away.

For what's worth, we have much more trouble getting airtime on
NPR than on commercial media and the Pacifica network.  I don't
think it's because we are too conservative for NPR.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky            Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          1660 L Street, NW
202-775-8810 (voice)      Ste. 1200
202-775-0819 (fax)        Washington, DC  20036
http://epn.org/sawicky

Opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views
of anyone associated with the Economic Policy
Institute other than this writer.