Doug:

Realizing that you probably hit the "reply" button to generate your
response, I want to make it clear that I was merely passing along
Rubinstein's comments to the list inasmuch as I received them privately from
Aikya Param, who is not a subscriber.  Having done so, I do not want his
remarks to be construed as my position, and therefore it could be misleading
to say: "Michael Eisenscher wrote [quoting the ineffable Joel Rubinstein]:"
in introducing your own comments.  I suppose that is one of the hazards of
forwarding other folks' comments.

At this point, unless I receive some really stellar and unique contribution,
I intend to withdraw as message intermediary regarding the subject of
microcredit.

So, put your rapier back in its scabbard.  {:--)

In solidarity,
Michael