> .  .  .
> validating those threatened financial practices. Anyone here want to risk a
> global deflation?
>
> When it goes on a spree, big finance takes lots of hostages.

I wouldn't, but I don't think the authorities
would either, which ought to create opportunities
for concessions.  That's why I asked if there is
any practical way to dispense financial relief in
this context according to precepts of social
justice, in the interests of the working class.
The question is whether there is a counter-part
in this context to alternative S&L bailout
proposals, such as EPI's.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky           Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Suite 1200
202-775-8810 (voice)     1660 L Street, NW
202-775-0819 (fax)       Washington, DC  20036

Opinions here do not necessarily represent the
views of anyone associated with the Economic
Policy Institute.