I think it's time to go back to using "smileys" ( ;-), etc.) to indicate
the role of irony, sarcasm, subtle jokes, etc. Who wants a flame war? not
I. (Shucks. I had to clarify my own answer to discourage people from
thinking that I was asking the question the way one asks "anyone for tennis?")

BTW, does anyone know of a relatively good mainstream economics book?

BTW2, the message at the bottom of my signature this time is a joke.

in pen-l solidarity,

Jim Devine   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://clawww.lmu.edu/1997F/ECON/jdevine.html
Econ. Dept., Loyola Marymount Univ.
7900 Loyola Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045-8410 USA
310/338-2948 (daytime, during workweek); FAX: 310/338-1950
"Dear, you increase the dopamine in my accumbens." -- words of love for the
1990s.