Quoth John Gulick, re some NYT potherings:

> This is preposterous, pathetic, and hilarious all at the same time. Clinton
> touts "spreading the ideals of American democracy (sic)" as one of the virtues
> of FTA's, and then not only subverts it in practice in the U.S., but also
> philosophically argues that Congresspeople making decisions on behalf of their
> popular constituents (supposing for a second that any such thing occurs) is
> unsound. This is really grotesque -- the man won't even give a superficial
> nod to the procedural rituals of bourgeois democracy. He might as well be
> Fujimori.

All too likely: posturing for time while the National Security State goes
for broke, tunnelling upward right beneath our distracted posteriors.

                                                       valis
                                                       Occupied America

   "I didn't just screw Ho Chi Minh.  I cut his pecker off."

         -- Lyndon Johnson to reporters on August 5, 1964