For the third time (I've lost this twice!) so I'm going to be very brief:

Local minimum wage data shows a net wash (see Krugger and Scmidt EPI
report).  living wage bills are targeted
to place bound large employers over which city has much leverage with
non-profit pass alongs.  This is excellent emplyment enhancing econ deve
subsidy which will go to people most in need as opposed to top down
subsidies trikel down which politicians like as they can support their
contributors. IN short demand side  multiplier effects outweigh the
supply side job suppression effects.

        I have text of my testimony to Chicago City Council on this if
your interested.  At URPE sumer conference Bob (polin) said that his most
convincing argument in LA was that local profitable and successful employers
paid the liveing wage.

Best  (so late its usless)!,

ROn

Ron Baiman
Dept. of Economics
Roosevelt University    Fax: 312-341-3680
430 South Michigan Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60605 Voice:  312-341-3694