> Yes, there are grassroots
>environmental groups with a broader consciousness, Earth First! being an
>obvious example, but they are so marginal to the broader movement that it's
>a bit like citing the United Electrical workers and saying the union
>movement during the Cold War was not hostile to leftists.
>
>--Nathan Newman

When Nathan speaks of the "broader movement," we must translate that into
plain English. This is nothing else but the liberal wing of the Democratic
Party, to which he is strongly attached. It is interesting that Nathan
attacks the Sierra Club for selling out the movement, when mainstream green
groups such as these are so cozy with the Clinton adminstration, which he
supports. The twists and turns of reformist politics are almost impossible
to decipher.

Louis Proyect