The following gives no sense of what the US government found objectionable
in the MAI treaty as it now stands.  Anyone have any more information or
thoughts?  I am sure the problem was not the objections of labor and
environmental groups -- interesting the way the last sentence is tacked
on.

Marty Hart-Landsberg