From: john gulick
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: query: bio & chem weapons
Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 10:55AM

At 03:43 PM 2/12/98 -0500, Jeff Fellows wrote:

>The Tooella incinerator is 40 miles west of Salt
>Lake City. Just west of the city is a magnesium plant that puts out
more
>tons of particulate material each year than all the industries in
>California (130 million tons to 99 million tons).

It's "Tooele" (but pronounced too-ELL-uh). Where did you get those stats
on that magnesium plant? Hard to believe. About ten years ago I remember
that SLC was on the verge of being swamped by a rising Great Salt Lake.
That magnesium plant is within a stone's throw of the lake's shoreline,
with a huge pile of slag and tailings beside it. Also hard for me to
believe that the GSL isn't contaminated by that pile.

John Gulick