Here is an observation re. the recently re-emerged on this list sex debate.

When I have a conversation with the "mainstream folks" and I want to avoid
arguments and controversies - sex is one of the few topics available, as
anything from politics, to social issues, to education, taxes, cars, or
crime (I do not know much about sports or pop-culture) is bound to end in
an argument.

Judging from debates on this list -- the opposite holds for the Left:
politics is usually a safe subject for a small talk, while sex seems to
invariably stir controversy.

What does it tell us, if anything, about the Left?
wojtek sokolowski
institute for policy studies
johns hopkins university
baltimore, md 21218