In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, James Michael Craven
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>But just as these privileged few don't speak for
>me (also one of the "privileged few" in relative terms) and certainly
>do not speak for the part-time teachers or the grounds keepers, so no
>hooker from Canberra can speak for all "sex workers"--like a teenage
>Blackfeet girl in Great Falls or a sex slave in Patpong--just because
>she is doing tricks and is a self-proclaimed "activist" for sex
>workers.

Surely nobody disagrees with the idea that sex-slavery or underage
prostitution is wrong. The sex-workers comments were not aimed at
coerced or non-consensual prostitution, but at prostitutes who bject to
being criminalised in the name of saving their honour.

Fraternally
--
James Heartfield