Well, this is now the third list I am replying to
Louis P. on this on.  Don't disagree fundamentally, but
find this generalized romanticization of "Indians" a bit
much.  There is and was a lot of diversity among tribes on
many grounds.  Many fit this idealized view that Louis
presents, but not all did.  An extreme example is the
self-destroying Mayans, but there are plenty of other
examples.  This is not as simple as it seems.
     Note that I am not defending European technologies or
approaches here.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley