Doug,
     Actually, when I was first asked, one of the things
that I mentioned is something that Michael Perelman also
mentioned, namely highlighting how fragile a system can be
that does not look fragile at all on the surface, the
famous "butterfly effect" or "sensitive dependence on
initial conditions."  At the right time, place, point, a
small change in a system (being very loosey-goosey here)
can lead to very large changes in how the sytem behaves,
possibly even the complete upending and transformation of
the system.  I find that of considerable usefulness, and I
would think that as an analyst of financial markets who has
gone from worrying about Wordsworth to worrying about
investors in invertible floaters, you would too, :-).
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]