Some people have objected to my calling for "special treatment for David
Card."  He did not ask to be on pen-l nor did he request any special
treatment.  I would regard his participation as a "courtesy," in the
sense that most of his interests fall outside of the usual discussions
on pen-l.

Since his name came up several times, I thought that he might be willing
to come on board to answer questions that related to his work.  For that
reason, I thought that it would be appropriate to ask for a more polite
reception than normal.

After all, here even the Canadians get rather testy.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321