Actually I think that this discussion, although I am
not going to participate further in the dino extinction
part of it, is relevant.  I remind that this arose out of a
debate over environmental/ecological economic issues.  It
slid over into a discussion of the more purely ecological
side of things.  But, all should keep in mind that the
coevolving ecosystem includes the economy and the mutual
interactions between the human (economic) and the non-human
parts of the broader ecosystem.  The relevance of
"exogenous shocks" (asteroids, etc.) versus "endogenous
shocks" (complex ecosystems undergoing rapid changes as
they cross certain crucial thresholds) is obviously
relevant in just plain old garden variety econ as well.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]