Just thought you might like to see what the bourgeoisie is getting
in the mail.

                ---------------

                      Introducing Outlook Newsletter

     Author:                  Dennis Lohouse  Date:     04/07/98

Introducing Outlook, written monthly by Dennis Lohouse, Chief Investment
Officer of Chase Investment Services Group.  It was first published in
1985, is written as of month end, and comes out on or about the 5th.

For those of you who are not familiar with Outlook, here is some background
information from Dennis:

"Outlook goes with statements to Affluent Markets customers, to plan
sponsors, corporate customers as requested by RM's or directly, employees
as requested, selected branches, and a "private" mailing list of
individuals that are referral sources, important prospects, individuals I
have called on or met with over the years."

"We print about 8-10,000 per month. There are no current restrictions to
the mailing list. Some offices request multiple copies."

 "I have authored the piece every month since January of 1992 and began
participating in the writing in 1988. The Outlook is meant to be succinct
(750 words), entertaining and informative, conveying our market strategy,
economic outlook and comment on important or interesting trends both
political and social. It is written in a casual style to foster readership
and interest in subject matter that can be somewhat dry."

                                  Outlook

        April 3, 1998                  Volume XIII, No. 4
   In Brief:
   Rolls ?Rolph?

   Pity  the  poor  Brits.  No one seems to respect the royals anymore, the
   London  Bridge  is in Arizona,  Ford  Motor Company goes and buys Jaguar
   and  the ultimate affront, Rolls Royce falls to BMW. Bad enough that the
   latest  model  is  powered by a BMW powerplant, this venerable symbol of
   the  Empire will be owned by a company that started out life as a German
   motorcycle  maker.  So maybe its not a big deal after all in this age of
   globalization  and  the  European  Union.  Just  think of the auction at
   Sotheby?s when the crown jewels go under the gavel!

   This  purchase  does  offer a chance to comment on the fact that many of
   the  largest companies in the United States have really become global in
   their  scope.  One  of  the  most  common  questions  I  get  asked when
   discussing our global investment strategy is why not simply buy stock in
   US  firms that do business abroad - Coca Cola for instance, derives more
   than  half of its profit from overseas. This idea is certainly appealing
   but  assumes  that only US companies are players in global markets. This
   is  clearly  not the case. Companies like BMW or Nokia or Glaxo-Wellcome
   have  global  reach  and  compete with the best US companies. As we look
   back  on  the  large capitalization bias in US stock market returns over
   the last 15 years, it may be this international exposure that has driven
   some  of  the  superior  returns.  One  of  the most important trends in
   corporate strategy has in fact been building size and scale, so as to be
   competitive  with  giant  firms  from  around  the world. So far many US
   companies are succeeding.

   The Economy:
   The  first  quarter of 1998 is now a fond memory. The housing market was
   surprisingly  strong,  due  mostly  to  lower  mortgage rates, very high
   consumer  confidence  and  the  warmest  winter  in  memory. Our current
   estimate  of first quarter GDP growth is 3%. This is somewhat lower than
   the  3.8%  pace  set  in  the  fourth  quarter  of 1997. In light of the
   inventory  buildup  last  year and the grinding halt in Asian expansion,
   this  is  a very good performance. Despite all the media coverage of the
   melt-down in Asia, most Americans could hardly care. The US stock market
   has  shaken off the crisis and traded to new highs. Consumer spending in
   the  first  quarter,  which  was  quite  strong,   was driven in part by
   confidence  but  was  aided  by  home  refinancing and strong employment
   trends.

|                                              March         YTD 1998     |
| Dow Jones Industrial Average                 3.1%          11.7%        |
| Standard & Poor's 500 Composite              5.1           13.9         |
| NASDAQ OTC Composite                         3.7           17.0         |
| Treasury Bills                               0.5           1.4          |
| Long Treasury Bonds                          0.3           1.3          |
| On  the  industrial  side  of  the  economy, the durable goods, metals, |
| fabricated  metals  and  textiles  industries  have  seen a slowdown in |
| activity.  Since  most  of  our  exports  to  Asia  are  machine tools, |
| telecommunications  equipment  and  other  capital  goods,  the loss of |
| demand  in  these  markets  is  showing  up  first in our durable goods |
| industries.                                                             |

   Despite  the  strength  in  economic  growth, most measures of inflation
   continue  to be very benign. Producers prices are flat to down, consumer
   prices  are  flat,  import  and  export prices are down, as has been the
   price  of  crude  oil.  Which  brings  us  to the recent behavior of the
   Federal Reserve.

   The  Fed met this week and took no action. Holding to a neutral posture,
   the  members  of  the  Open  Market  Committee  are  caught  between the
   continuing strength in the US economy, including its tight labor market,
   and  Asian  turmoil. The fact that inflation measures are flat is viewed
   as old news. It is the prospect of inflation, driven by a robust economy
   and tight labor markets, that will call the tune at the Fed.

   The Markets:

   The  stock  market  has continued to make new highs against the winds of
   Asia  and  the  Fed?s  determined  admonitions  on inflation. While some
   prognosticators  of economic fortune are busy planning for the long bond
   at  5%,  we  think long term interest rates are bumping along at or near
   the  low end of their near term range.  We have, almost monthly, recited
   the  litany  of  low  inflation  data along with the disclaimer that the
   Federal  Reserve  is  prospective,  not  reflective. As the stock market
   rises to richer valuation levels and corporate earnings are subjected to
   a  somewhat  weaker  global economic picture, there is little additional
   ?juice?  available  from further declines in interest rates. As we enter
   the  first  quarter  reporting  season,  it  will  be  important  to pay
   attention  to the direction of earnings expectations. It may also be the
   case  that  the  drag  from Asia will be felt more in the second quarter
   than the first. One factor continuing to propel the market is the inflow
   of  cash  which  continues  to be strong on the retail side. In light of
   these  concerns,  the  equity weighting in our domestic asset allocation
   model  has  been reduced slightly as a signal of our caution in the near
   term.

 |-------------------------+----------------------------------------------|
 |                         |                                              |
 | Dennis E. Lohouse, CFA  |              Chase Manhattan Bank            |
 | Chief Investment        |              One Chase Square                |
 | Officer                 |              Rochester, NY  14643            |
 | Chase Investment        |              e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] |
 | Services Group          |                                              |
 |                         |                                              |
 |-------------------------+----------------------------------------------|
 |                         |                                              |
 | Dow Jones Industrial    |                                              |
 | Average:  8799.81       |                                              |
 | Standard & Poor's 500   |                                              |
 | Index:  1101.75         |                                              |
 | U.S. Treasury Bond:     |                                              |
 | 6.125%, due 11/15/27:   |                                              |
 | 5.93%                   |                                              |
 | Prices as of March 31,  |                                              |
 | 1998                    |                                              |

                          *** End of Document ***