Trivia question number two.  This may be one of those "urban myths" but back
in the distant past when I was in graduate school, I was told about a study
that found that there was a correlation between the lengths of women's skirts
and the business cycle.  About six months after skirt lengths start getting
longer, recessions occurred, and about six months after they start getting
shorter again, the economy starts to grow more rapidly.

Is this study real, and if so what is the citation?

(There is also supposedly a study linking the number of dairy cattle in
Kentucky and the business cycle.  Any help here?)

Doug Orr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]