Ken Hanly wrote:

>   Although intense competition is part of the global mix other
> developments lessen competition in favor of monopoly.

I agree 100% with Ken here and with a semingly different comment by Bill Lear.
Marginal cost pricing would spell doom for capital.  Although the world appears
to be competitive, more and more capital is taking refuge under the rubric of
intellectual property.  I doubt that even the greatly feared Saddam H. would dare
to challenge intellectual property rights -- to do so would guarantee an all out
war from the U.S.--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department
California State University