Two advantages that the PEN-L list has is that it (a) provides a way of
receiving posts in digest form, and (b) it has a great archiving and search
function via the pen-l web site. So one can search for discussion via
specific key words going back months.

I don;t know if Panix provides those services for its lists -- the list
confirmation/instructions I received when I subbed to lbo-talk didn't
mention anything, as far as I cd tell; and the subsequent flood of messages
was too much, so I unsubscribed, hoping that anything of consequence wd
show up on pen-l.

jd