Date:          Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
To:            [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], Daniel Handelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], Training Center Workshops <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jim M. Labbe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lance Bisaccia), [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
               Sandy McReynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
               [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sandra Rickon), [EMAIL PROTECTED],
From:          Peter Bergel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:       Virus Warning:

Hi Friends,

I hope I'm not propagating a hoax here, but better safe than sorry, I guess.
The guy who sent this to me and whose message appears below is a computer
instructor.  You be the judge.  Warm regards.

Peter
*********************************

>From: "Gary Bonds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Peter Bergel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: "TAHRS(Post to List)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Virus Warning:
>Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 17:41:05 -0700
>

>As you can see by the many >>>>'s , I've deleted about a page of forwards
>for your viewing convenience.
>This comes to me from a source that I trust to be reliable.

Peter Bergel
Center for Energy Research
333 State Street
Salem, OR  97301
Voice: 503-371-8002
Fax: 503-588-0088
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 James Craven
 Dept. of Economics,Clark College
 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd. Vancouver, WA. 98663
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Tel: (360) 992-2283 Fax: 992-2863
"The utmost good faith shall always be observed towards Indians; their land and
property shall never be taken from them without their consent."
(Northwest Ordinance, 1787, Ratified by Congress 1789)

"...but this letter being unofficial and private, I may with safety give you a more
 extensive view of our policy respecting the Indians, that you may better comprehend
the parts dealt to to you in detail through the official channel, and observing the
system of which they make a part, conduct yourself in unison with it in cases where
you are obliged to act without instruction...When they withdraw themselves to the
culture of a small piece of land, they will perceive how useless to them are their
extensive forests, and will be willing to pare them off from time to time in exchange
for necessaries for their farms and families. To promote this disposition to exchange
lands, which they have to spare and we want, for necessaries which we have to spare
and they want,we shall push our trading houses, and be glad to see the good and
influencial individuals among them run in debt, because we observe that when these
debts get beyond what the individuals can pay, they become willing to lop them off
by cession of lands...In this way our settlements will gradually circumscribe and
approach the Indians, and they will in time either incorporate with us as citizens
of the United States, or remove beyond the Mississippi.The former is certainly the
termination of their history most happy for themselves; but, in the whole course
of this, it is essential to cultivate their love. As to their fear, we presume that
our strength and their weakness is now so visible that they must see we have only to
shut our hand to crush them..."
(Classified Letter of President Thomas Jefferson ("libertarian"--for propertied white
people) to William Henry Harrison, Feb. 27, 1803)

*My Employer  has no association with My Private and Protected Opinion*