You're in econ, right? There's some intersting Marxist geographers at UCB.
Michael Watts does economic geography, and is a charming and witty
speaker. He's fantastic--sat in on his seminar a few years ago and learned
alot. Also, check out Iain Boal, who's a lecture in the same dept. He's an
anarcho-luddite vego social historian of technology. I moved into science
& tech studies as a result of the work I did with him. Dick Walker is
there, too. I think he works on California, mostly. Or Barbara Epstein is
doing stuff (or she was) on new social movements. She's in Santa Cruz at
the History of Consciousness Board. Awful person but doe interesting work.
She's another one of those academic marxists who abuses the student
workers at the library.

Frances
former student library worker