Valis, dammit,

        How could you be so incautious as to group C. Proyect and me
together.  You've forced him to reveal me as a "capitalist apologist"
trying to worm my way into the pure, Red hearts of Marxists with my
neo-anarcho-syndicalist, anti-primitivist/utopian rhetoric - just when I
was really getting a good rebuke going, too.  Now I will have to defend
myself from charges of being a hippie Leninist - coiled and seething in
the bosom of the Ivy League like a sleeping cat on a comfy sofa.  People
will think I have a good job, live on the upper west side and go to
amusing Thai restaurants with leading intellectuals!  All this nightly
brooding about Marx and dodging heroin dealers in industrial New Jersey
will come to nothing!  My facade will crumble!

  My God, comrade, the carelessness.

        peace