> What methodology D&G use in understanding fascism is simply beyond me
> " ...Rural fascism and city or neighborhood fascism, youth fascism and
> war veteran's fascism, fascism of the Left and fascism of the Right,
> fascism of the couple, family, school, and office ..."
> What is Left fascism?
> Louis Proyect

D&G assert that power is best understood in micro-political terms -
networks of power relations found at every point in society - rather
than in macro-political terms of large groupings, monolithic blocs,
social classes, the political state...they oppose generalizations such
as class claiming it is an abstraction that leads to a party
being elevated to class representative...focusing on desire,
D&G distinguish between paranoia & schizophrenia that ostensibly
correspond to fascist (authoritarian) & revolutionary (libertarian)
social forms...they contend that revolutionary desire runs through
loosely organized small groups...such circumstances apparently offer
freedom from hierarchic structures and territorial jurisdictions...
revolutionary shizophrenia is set against fascist paranoia...collective
action is produced from the fight that we wage against the fascism
in our heads...

"mass society" theorist A. James Gregor - in his book *The Fascist
Persuasion in Radical Politics*/1974 - argued that the symbolism of
working-class revolution was appropriated by Marxist movements to justify
the kind of authoritarian statism that fascists openly advocate...
and I bet that he never even read D&G...Michael