On Mon, May 4, 1998 at 12:09:36 (EDT) Jay Hecht writes:
>Where, and in what year did Lenin say:
>
>"Debauching a currency is the surest way to ruin an economy."
>
>Also, did Marx or Lenin have any specific comment about inflation and its
>causes?

Well, it would have to be before Keynes wrote in the *Economic
Consequences fo the Peace*:

     Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of
     overturning the existing basis  of  society than to  debauch  the
     currency. The process engages  all the hidden forces  of economic
     law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not
     one man in a million is able to diagnose.

I don't know if Lenin actually said this, or if it was just something
popularly attributed to him.

Bill