Barkley wrote:
>BTW, my original foray on that one was in "The Emergence of the
>Megacorpstate and the Acceleration of Global Inflation," Journal of Post
>Keynesian Economics, Spring 1981, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 429-439.  Actually
>this was another case of having trouble getting a paper published. By then
>it was passe, but it was originally written in 1973. In fact, my undergrad
>senior honors thesis at Wisconsin
>in 1969 was "A History of Oil Price Changes in the Middle East" in which I
>forecast that OPEC would get its act together and that prices would rise
>sharply.  Oh well.

is this akin to the recent articles (cited by Krugman, among others) that
argue that with assets such as oil, there are multiple equilibria which
organizations such as OPEC can take advantage.

Somewhere in my still-unpacked boxes, an article by my friend Lovell "Tu"
Jarvis which (if I remember correctly) says something very similar about
the Argentine cattle market. (BTW, someone playing his role shows up in the
movie "Missing." He was the  Ford Foundation economist who tells the Jack
Lemmon character that his son (based on Charles Horman) was taken by the
Chilean military. The movie and reality got mixed up a bit here. But what
the heck.)

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] & http://liberalarts.lmu.edu/~JDevine