>Does anyone know if there is a source that gives US combined state
spending. What I have in mind here is if in addition to the $63 billion
spent by the Federal Department of Agriculture one added total state
spending governments it would all come to a pretty lofty sum. I would like
to be able to determine what that sum is.>

State governments or state and local governments
combined?

Spending on what?

What year?

Census of governments or Nat'l Income & Product
Accounts?

Consumption spending or gross investment?
Cash or capital budget basis?

Aren't you sorry you asked?

If you want data sets, you can get them
at the Census or Bureau of Economic
Analysis web sites.

If you want a single number, answer a few
of the questions above and I'll give it you,
no charge.

Max Sawicky