These is a dialectical relation, but there was something else going on in
the last thirty years. For instance, in the auto industry. The big three had
a oligopolistic situation in North America. The entrance of the Japanese
firms in the 1970s increased the competition. But now in the world auto
industry a new oligopolistic structure is emerging, because of a new round
of mergers and joint projects. Once the economy is truly global that dynamic
will stop. The entry costs are too high to establish new competition. The
only way the industry will experience a new round of competition is if some
new method of transportation is developed, in which new firms would have the
opportunity to enter.

Rod

--
Rod Hay