At 18:30 22/11/98 -0500, you wrote:

Anyway, here is a copy of the letter I sent. If the address was right, then
it went to the right place.

Professor Tana Hasart
President, Clark College

Dear Professor Hasart,

I have learnt that there is an attempt to suppress the freedom of speech of
a senior academic of your college, Professor Jim Craven, due to his
unorthodox political views; as it appears from the below cited
communication from Chuck Ramsey, Interim Vice President of Instruction.

Professor Craven is well known in the international academic cerciles for
being a good scholar and a man of high integrity. If freedom of speech is
not secure in an academic institution, then where should we look for it? I
think this sort of actions do not augur well for Western democracy. And
definitely gives a bad name to your college. I hope you will intervene
personally and restore Professor Craven's right to free speech without
intimidation and harassment. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Dr. Ajit Sinha

FROM: Chuck Ramsey, Interim Vice President of Instruction

TO: Professor Jim Craven

"We have received a complaint/expression of concern about your use of
College e-mail. So that I may gather relevant information about the
complaint, you are hereby directed to provide paper copies of all e-mails
you have sent or received, using College e-mail or other electronic
resources, that name or refer, directly or indirectly, to Kevin Annett. You
are directed to provide paper copies of all these e-mails to the Office of
Instruction no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 24, 1998."