>Does anybody know why Bensinger was fired?  Every time I heard him, I was
>impressed.
>--
>Michael Perelman

There was some dissatisfaction with his technique --the Blitz. which focuses
on trying to organize workplaces very quickly, before an employer is aware
an organising drive is underway -- as ineffective. The rates of unionization
have not been rising, and some important studies, such as those by Kate
Bronfenbrenner, have shown that the opposite -- slower more ground up
organizing -- is what works.

Bensinger is also fairly rigid in his views and feels his orthodoxy is the
only orthodoxy. It takes some flexibility to be a good organizer.

Ellen

Ellen J. Dannin
Professor of Law
California Western School of Law