Tom,
     Of course you may be right.  Predicting the stock
market in the short run is a mug's game, as Jim D. said in
another context recently.
     But, I would suggest that if this big meeting does not
come up with something fairly convincing, the likelihood of
a major crash this month is a lot higher than 1 in 20.  And
the latest I have read is of a lot of disagreement and
confusion with pretty minor changes being talked about, in
short of lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]