My post does not claim that "It is raining" is a tautology. It claims that "It is
raining or it is not raining" is a tautology. Of course "It is
raining" is not  a tautology but dependent for its truth upon weather conditions.
Reread my post. A tautology cannot be false but the "cannot" is
a logical cannot. There may be some things that cannot be false because of the facts.
Perhaps the comment about capitalism's ultimate demise is
arguably of that sort. The distinction we are discussing here though is the subject of
some philosophical debate. Authors such as Quine question
the distinction. Anything can be made tautologous he claims.
    I think some leftists are experts at starting theoretical discussions that seem to
turn on the facts but soon it is clear
that the doctrines are part of a core theoretical stance that is not going to accept
any facts as refuting. WHat seems to be contrary to the
theory will turn out to be from ministrieses of misinformation, running dogs of
ministries of misinformation and so on,.
    Cheers, Ken Hanly