>Lou is actually arguing the same thing in his posts on the Nader campaign.
>I'm suggesting that we consider very carefully the possibility that Mark and
>Lou (and you) are, in these threads, violating the principles Lou is arguing
>for in that post. To cite Mao again, Marxists have no crystal ball -- and we
>cannot predict, on the basis of what someone posts on pen-l, what that
>person's politics will be under changed conditions.
>
>Carrol

Carrol, this is to inform you that you have gone over the quota of
mentioning my name in a post. As you know, you are limited to mentioning my
name no more than 1,000 times in a year and you have reached your quota in
early July. At this point, a special feature of majordomo kicks in and
sends out a special robot program that will monitor your computer for
further violations. You have a grace allowance of 100 more mentions. But
the minute you pass 1,100 the robot will kick in. It will launch a virtual
reality program that will unleash a 3-dimensional agent from the screen of
your computer that will tweak your virtual nose until your eyes water in
pain. The only way to disable the program is by speaking these words
clearly: "I will no longer mention Lou's name in a post. Until 2001."

Louis Proyect