Michael Perelman:
>I got one post applauding my action and another denouncing it.  I agree that
>Louis and Doug had shown admirable restraint.  I had been communicating with
>Jerry, asking him to make some positive contributions rather than try to
>provoke others.  The number of posts about Jerry was increasing
substantially.
>People were not shunning him as Jim said they should.

Although I am much more interested in discussing the Nicaraguan economy in
the 1980s than this sort of nonsense, there is one thing I should add. When
Michael called Jerry to order, he cc'd me as part of an effort to appear
even-minded. Which of course is a natural to him as the sun rising each
day. Jerry's response was absolutely truculent, much worse than anything
posted to the list. He basically told Michael that he did not respect any
of his decisions. One of the things I've learned about PEN-L is that it is
important to have good moderation. I have tried to learn from Michael in
the way I moderate the Marxism mailing-list. Not only is it flame-free, the
discussions are top-flight. On any given day, there will be exchanges from
Brazil, Argentina, Great Britain, Australia and Canada by people trying to
understand the global political situation. I don't think that things would
be running as smoothly as they are, unless I had apprenticed with Michael
Perelman.

Louis Proyect