Just for a change some hopeful words coming out of the north.
I still recall the adrenalin rush of negative anticipation
the sight of Sid Shniad's by-line began to bring:
uh-oh, yet more nasty shit being pulled in Canada.

Something like 30 years I lived for a time in Winnipeg.
Although too wrapped up in personal stuff to take a look at
the political scene then, I can still say that I've never
experienced a softer, more benign big city environment -
certainly not on this continent.  To live without having
my elbows out or dodging other elbows was truly a dry acid trip.

                                                            valis