First let me say I have some sympathy with John's position on
Serbia/Kosovo.  I can not say the same about Joseph's who
appears to be totally ignorant of what has been going on in the area
and what are the global involvements.  He appears to be parrotting
Ms. Albright and the Pentagon to an amazing degree.  Has he ever
been to Kosovo?  Has he ever walked the streets and the back
lanes of Pristina?  Has he ever talked with the economic planners
and academics of Kosovo (Kosovars, not Serbs)?  Has he ever
been hugged and honoured by working kosovars (restaurant
workers)?  Well, I have, and what he says is nonsense and a
betrayal of the working class, the kind of 'impossibilist' rhetoric that
has held back the left in America for generations.

Paul Phillips,
Economics,
University of Manitoba