>  it is because we
> are running the danger of success. It is because of the strength, and
> not the weakness, of our efforts that our terminology is in the process
> of being appropriated for other, indeed opposite, purposes. This can
> cause serious confusion in the general scholarly public, and even worse,
> may lead to confusion on our own part, thus undermining our ability to
> pursue the tasks we have set ourselves.

Key word is "success", which is what W want to remind you about,
which is why he repeats the old line against modernization theory,
so you remember, encraved it into your mind, that he dethroned
that theory, but now he faces a new enemy, namely, those who
speak about "globalization", which may cause confusion with his
WS, so he better create new terms; hence, "globality",
"historicity". So, pupils remember these words, for they are about
the "true"  and the "good".