[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Carrol, haven't you heard of efficient market theory?  There are no
>inefficiencies in a capitalist market economy.

Those two sentences use two different meanings of "efficient." The
second uses it in the colloquial sense, of minimizing waste. The
first uses it in the sense that financial economists do, which means
"instantaneously (or almost instantaneously) reflect changes in
available information." Market fundamentalists sometimes confuse the
two, but I'm surprised to see someone on PEN-L do that.

Doug